Date: Friday, Dec 14, 2018 - Sunday, Dec 16, 2018
Time: All Day
Location: Prana Yoga
Schedule: Friday Evening – Satsang
Saturday & Sunday – Sanskrit Studies Method: Sanskrit Module 1
“Module 1 is an immersion into to Sanskrit and gives students the ability to work confidently with mantras and to live alongside yogic principles.” ~ Manorama
Description: This course is an immersion into the Sanskrit language through the study of the Sanskrit alphabet, including asana names, select mantras, and Luminous Soul Meditation and principles.
- proper pronunciation of the entire Sanskrit alphabet, giving you confidence to chant mantras and speak asana names with ease;
- why Sanskrit mantras are healing for the listener;
- the unique Sanskrit Studies Method of learning Sanskrit;
- the Luminous Soul Meditation practice, which teaches you how to quiet the mind and return it to a natural energized peaceful state, no matter the challenge;
- and develop authentic insight into why Sanskrit is called the language of vibration and why that’s important.
Elements of the course include:
- proper pronunciation of select sounds of the Sanskrit alphabet;
- understanding breath and its place in your yogic practice as well as in chanting Sanskrit mantras;
- practicing the Luminous Soul Meditation to help you access peace at any time;
- becoming skilled in chanting two select mantras that are popular in yoga classes around the world;
- getting practice reading the Sanskrit letters in their original form, called devanagari, as well as in the transliteration script.
You’ll leave this Sanskrit Studies Method workshop feeling more confident and knowledgeable in your understanding of Sanskrit and how to incorporate the principles of the Sanskrit Studies Method into your life
Great for Yoga Teachers and students interested to deepen their knowledge of Yoga.
© 2018 Luminous Shabda Inc., Sanskrit Studies / Luminous Soul & Manorama