Sanskrit Studies Method: Intro to Sanskrit – In Person
Sat, Apr 8, 2023
11 am - 4 pm ET
Sanskrit Studies: Introduction to Sanskrit
This course is an introduction to the Sanskrit language and the culture of the modern yogi. We will look at select sounds of the Sanskrit alphabet, two commonly chanted mantras in yoga classes around the globe. We’ll practice pronouncing select asana names. You’ll also be introduced to the Luminous Soul Meditation and select principles for authentic yogic living.
- How to pronounce select alphabet sounds, words and in Sanskrit. Proper pronunciation gives you confidence to chant mantras and speak asana names with ease.
- Why Sanskrit mantras are healing for the listener.
- Immerse in the Luminous Soul Meditation practice, which teaches you how to soothe the mind and return it to a natural energized peaceful state, no matter the challenge.
- Develop authentic insight into why Sanskrit is called the language of vibration and why that’s important.
Elements of the course include:
- Proper pronunciation of select sounds of the Sanskrit alphabet.
- Understanding breath and its place in your yogic practice and in the Sanskrit language.
- Practice the Luminous Soul Meditation to help you access peace at any time.
- Become skilled in chanting two select mantras that are popular in yoga classes around the world.
- Get practice reading the Sanskrit letters in their original form called devanagari, as well as, in the transliteration script.
You’ll leave this Sanskrit Studies Introduction to Sanskrit workshop feeling more confident and knowledgeable in your understanding of Sanskrit and how to incorporate good pronunciation and Luminous Soul Meditation into your life.
© 2023 Luminous Soul/Sanskrit Studies & Manorama