SANSKRIT Level 1
LUMINOUS SHABDA SERIES
Click on image to view video.
“Level 1 is An Introduction to Sanskrit and teaches students how sound can become a doorway to freedom, through light and awareness.” ~ Manorama
Description: This course is an immersion into the Path of Luminous Shabda (“sound as light and awareness”) through study of the Sanskrit alphabet, Meditation, Yogic life principles and Mantras.
In this course students learn to:
- Develop insight into the unique relationship between breath and sound, which is energy and consciousness.
- Practice Yoga meditation and the Yoga of Sound to soothe the mind and return it to a natural energized state of tranquility.
- Understand how and why Sanskrit sounds are energetically healing.
- Experience the harmonious circularity of Sanskrit sounds.
Elements of the course include:
- Learning proper pronunciation of Sanskrit through study of the five mouth positions.
- Developing understanding of breath patterns and how to work with them in mantras.
- Develop a practice of silent conscious listening.
- Introduction to select Mantras, practice of Yoga Meditation, and discovery of key elements in the Yoga of sound.
- Reading the Devanagari and Transliteration script.
- Light homework exercises support the course material.
Level: Appropriate for all students, Yoga teachers and anyone interested to deepen their practice of Self Knowledge through chanting, Sanskrit & Yoga.
Please bring: notebook, pencil/pen, meditation shawl